It has been possible, as you know.Get flight permission to the ShadowlandsPublicTest server for WoW patch 9.1For a few more days. This is easy: If you master the third chapter in the new story campaign, the item will be yours.Memories of Sunless SkiesAll characters can fly in the new Shadowlands zones if they have the corresponding account. You don't need to have a certain fame level or increase your reputation with any faction.
We all know that the afterlife is not the same as Azeroth. Therefore, we need to be aware of some rules and restrictions regarding flying.
- Flying is permitted in Bastion, Ardenwald and Revendreth. Flying is not allowed in Oribos and Korthia, although it is permitted elsewhere.in KorthiaIt is currently possibleThanks to a bug, the PTR was able to be used.
- Flying between the zones is impossible as they are protected by invisible walls.
- The flight point portals cannot be used to fly to other areas.
- An invisible limit on height can also be expected, which will keep you lower than in Azeroth. You won't be allowed to fly over tall trees in the Arden forest, for example.
- The visibility on the PTR seems very low even at maximum graphics settings.
Here's Youtuber Aernath flying through the Shadowlands.
External content from [PLATFORM] will be listed here as Recommended Editorial Content. To protect your personal information, external content will not be displayed unless you click on "Load any external content":Load any external contentI consent to external content being displayed. This means that personal data may be transmitted to third-party sites. Learn more about this in our privacy statement. Learn more about external content in our privacy statement.
What is it like? Are you excited to fly through the Shadowlands or are you feeling nervous? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!